If You Were Charged Dues Between October 2, 2002 And February 28, 2010 For A Monthly Membership At 24 Hour Fitness On Or After The Day 24 Hour Fitness Received A Notice Of Cancellation For The Membership, You May Be Entitled To Benefits From A Proposed Class Action Settlement.
A class action settlement has been reached with 24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc. in a class action lawsuit filed against 24 Hour Fitness in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (styled Daniel Friedman et al. v. 24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc., Case No. CV 06-06282 AHM) claiming that 24 Hour Fitness’ practice of charging for a monthly gym membership by electronic fund transfer EFT after 24 Hour Fitness received a notice of cancellation for the membership violated the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”), the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (“EFTA”) and state consumer protection laws, according to the 24 Hour Fitness Class Action Settlement Notice.
The 24 Hour Fitness health club membership cancellation and electronic funds transfer EFT class action settlement reportedly provides, among other things, that 24 Hour Fitness will:
- provide either a payment of Twenty Dollars ($20) or a Three Month Club Access Certificate (entitling Settlement Class Members to use any 24 Hour Fitness Club For three consecutive months (valued At $149.99 To $199.99) for every Claim Form submitted by a 24 Hour Fitness Settlement Class Member;
- make incentive award payments to each of the named Class Representative Plaintiffs who brought the 24 Hour Fitness class action litigation;
- pay the total cost for administering 24 Hour Fitness class action settlement;
- pay Class Counsel’s attorneys’ fees and costs (such payment does not reduce any payment to the 24 Hour Fitness Settlement Class Members);
- stop collecting dues charges for monthly dues after 24 Hour Fitness receives a request for cancellation or termination of a monthly membership.
For more information on the 24 Hour Fitness health club membership cancellation and electronic funds transfer EFT class action lawsuit settlement and the potential settlement benefits, visit the 24 Hour Fitness class action settlement website:
If You Have Thoughts About The 24 Hour Fitness Health Club Membership Cancellation Class Action Settlement, Share Your Settlement Thoughts Below.